Monday, November 5, 2007

Please let this week go by quickly!

I'm having a love hate relationship with food lately. There are times that I have cravings, and when I satisfy those cravings, I'm in LOVE! Then, when I know I have to eat, but I'm not hungry at all, and I really don't want to eat, I HATE that I have to pick up a cracker (or some other super bland, boring food) and munch away to avoid becoming nauseous.

Every morning, I wake up and think: "What the hell will I fit in today?" This weekend? I wore a skirt. We're having a weird Indian-summer thing going on. Fine by me, stretchy waist = comfortable pregnant woman. I normally wear my clothing pretty fitted, and I've remained the same size for at least 2 years now. So, when we moved back in July, I got rid of all the clothing that didn't look good on me, or that I didn't feel good wearing (read: dumpy, "fat" clothes). Boy, oh boy am I regretting that now! My pants don't button, and if they do, I can't sit down. I've gained just over 3 lbs. which I *think* is about where I should be right now.

My husband and I are so excited! This weekend, we're going to tell his parents, and his grandparents. We can't wait! This morning, he said "I really wish it was the weekend! I'm really, really proud of us! By the end of this week, the secret will have been kept for 4 weeks! Holy Cow! I'm the woman that you don't tell anyone because I'll accidentally tell others. It's been documented, now I'm the last to know everything. Maybe this will redeem me? Maybe?

Tomorrow, we have our next ultrasound. I'm excited, but I can't believe how quickly time has gone by! I don't quite believe that we'll get to see it's little heartbeat tomorrow! We'll take that picture, make some copies for our parents and put it in little frames for them. (Collective "Awww" goes here)

I've had a little more spotting. There's not much, I've determined what causes it and I'm going to ask our NP tomorrow if that's normal or not. There's so little, I'm sure it's nothing, but it's still in the back of my mind.

Oh, and I went and saw this http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html this weekend. My favorite part? They showed development of an embryo to a fetus and a baby inside a woman's abdomen. It was amazing. If it comes to your area, it's worth a visit. As long as you won't be grossed out!

Today? 7 weeks!

No comments: