So I've heard, pregnancy isn't exactally a walk in the park. That being said, I'm trying to keep my everly optomistic attitude in each and every inch of this pregnancy. I don't want to complain a lot (trust me, I'm a complainer!). So, every now and then (hopefully at least once a month, I'll try to post the "Why I'm enjoying this stage in my pregnancy" notes.
Here's the first:
1. I'm enjoying it right now, because I'm still skinny, I don't have to answer to anyone about when it's due and no one has asked to touch my belly.
2. Morning Sickness hasn't set in (Thank God!)
3. Someone told me "You're so thin" (Yay!)
4. My husband has read his required reading for the pregnancy (see back to the previous post about when I told him). And, since, he's been doing laundry, dishes and general up keep of the home. I, as usual, thank'd him profusly, and moved on. Then, last night he said: "I don't know that I can do it all"
"Um, what? What all are you doing?" I asked
"Well, when you get to the 'I can't' phase, I'll have to take care of the house on my own, and I don't think I can do it"
Aw, he's so cute. I proceeded to tell him that things will go one of two ways: 1) I'll keep helping around the house and we'll get stuff done together or, 2) Things will slip. And, honestly, that's fine. If a baby is coming within a few weeks, I have a feeling people won't turn up their noses at the pile of mail on the coffee table. Oh, and if they do f-em... They don't get to see the baby until at least a week after birth! (Wow, that could be a powerful tool, I'll try to keep it in mind!)
Here's the last reason why I'm enjoying it in this stage:
5) No one knows, STILL! Yay! We've been good! I'm pregnant, and just my husband, the bookstore b!tch and the Kaiser advice nurse know. And, well, to be honest, 2 of the 4 don't really matter. It's fantastic. Although, I spoke with my mom on the phone last weekend, and she just seemed generally bummed. I know that would have cheered her up, but I want to tell her in person! And, my dad's birthday was on Tuesday, that, too would have been a great present. But I made him settle for an alarm clock. Awesome. So, for now, it's our secret. We're going to have a baby! Yay!
My first (and not so exciting) appointment is tomorrow. Even though it's all about pee and blood, I can't wait!
4 weeks and 3 days
(or 3 weeks and 3 days, pregnancy wheel)