Friday, April 18, 2008

Good things

I wanted to do a postive post, since it's been a bit since I've done one. Positive things: baby's moving around a lot! So much so that I don't even really remember her not moving around...or, I should say, I don't know how I'll cope without her wiggling around and reminding me of her :)
Then again, I guess that's what pictures are for, once she's here!

My back has been pretty good. It wasn't so happy for awhile, and now I can tell when I'm in a bad position, I can just take over the big couch and lay on my side and it's much better. I'm tolerating sitting for long periods without pain and although I'm slower to walk, I can still get up and around relatively easy. However, I have to keep in mind with parking that I can't park too close because the door opening is no longer the problem with fitting in a parking spot, it's now my belly to butt width that makes the difference.

A friend of mine gave birth this past weekend. Seeing her baby's pictures made my heart swoon for her and her family. I still can't quite comprehend that I'll be in the same situation in a few short weeks. And, I can't wait.

This weekend I'm going to a baby shower for another friend (Friend due in April, May and then there's me). I'm excited to see her and her progress along with getting togeher with a bunch of other girls. Also this weekend, I'll be meeting up with a couple of other friends I haven't seen for quite some time. One moved to Oregon and the other is just rounding out her first trimester. I'm really looking forward to it.

Oh, I got a raise this week. I'm super excited and proud. Nick and I are going out to dinner to celebrate (as to where? I don't know yet... I haven't decided).

We got a lot of yard work done last weekend. It was good to get out in the sun and trim up bushes and generally 'polish' the back yard. It's one of my favorite parts of the house we're renting, so it will be good to take advantage in the upcoming weekends of a pretty yard.

I'm pleased that I'm feeling better and better and I can read my body enough to understand when I need to lay down, when I need a snack, etc.

I got a pedicure yesterday, my toes look pretty in pink :)

I get to go shopping for all the fun May events coming up. I have 2 showers, 2 weddings and Mother's Day to dress up for (I *think* both Nick and I's Mom's will be in the area for M-day)!

OK, that's all I have for now. I'll make sure to add more later.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Ohhh... how nice!! CONGRATS on the Raise!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww, congrats on the raise! That's fabulous!