Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Up 20 lbs, officially

I got on the scale this week and I had to move the bottom weight. I'm officially up 20 lbs. I'm not really sure how I feel about that. I know I'm 'wearing' it well, but it's just new territory for me. I know it's a good thing, but I definately think twice before reaching my arm into a freezer for a big bowl of ice cream.

That, and, strangers are staring. Blank stares. I'm also being asked "When are you due?" When I say June, they look at my belly, then at my face, then at my belly again. Apparently I'm showing more than they think I should I don't know what to think of that, either. Again, all new territory. Oh, and I'm growing out of my first round of maternity clothes. A maternity shirt is now not long enough to cover the bottom half of my belly. The baby kicks at any waist band (she's demanding like her mama!). Looks like I'll have to invest in some more dresses.

Good news? We ordered our crib and my diaper bag. I'm stoked. I'm due for new pictures this weekend... we'll see how good I am about posting them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about what people think, every single pregnancy is different and I think it's really pretty rude that people look at you and think they know when you "should" be due. Don't worry, you look great!

That's exciting about the crib! I hope you'll show us what it looks like.

Alison said...

Janessa - you truly look GREAT!!