Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm half way there! AND, it's a Girl!

OK, so I haven't posted about the sex, because we just told our parents this weekend that it's a girl. We're both so excited, as are they, and can't wait for our little one to arrive.

That being said, it's still 20 weeks away. But that's ok. There's a lot to get done before she makes her appearance, and I'm enjoying this particular stage of pregnancy... a big enough bump for random strangers to offer my Mom and I a seat in Peets (mmmm, peet's coffee! don't fret, I ordered a decaf) but still small enough to still have energy and not have to deal with carrying around a 5-8 lb. baby inside me (yes, I'm aware they get bigger than this, but I'm not going to acknowledge that MINE will get bigger than that, because it freaks me out).

In any case, I'm officially at 20 weeks. Over half. Who-da-thunk it would've gone by this quickly, and yet so slowly. I have a feeling that this is going to be an eye opening experience that I'll get to deal with the rest of my life, and as long as I'm around to watch our baby grow up. As I look forward, time seems to slow down, almost as though it's crawling. However, when I look back, I realized that this experience is half over and I won't get to be pregnant all that much longer.

New belly pics on their way, as we have to spread the 'girl' news to family and friends this week!

20weeks - even!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear what you are saying about time. I'm 18 weeks along and when I look forward I feel as if July will NEVER get here but then when I look back, I can't believe how FAST 18 weeks went!

BTW - I'm not sure where I got the link to your blog but I love it! Keep up the great posts and thanks for making me smile! : )

Alison said...

How exciting Janessa!! Congrats on your girl! AND... being halfway there to meet her!!

Hannah said...

Oh, a little girl. I'm a little jealous ;) You look great as a PG momma, btw.