Here are my reasons I'm not ready to have her yet:
- Nick and I's 10 year dating anniversary is on Thursday. We have a date night planned for
Friday (6/6) and I'm getting my hair cut that day (I figure it will be many, many months before I get back to the hair dresser) along with a manicure and pedicure. I'm due for the pedi and I was very generously given a gift certificate for both! Yay!
- Thursday, 6/12 we have tickets to see the Yankees play the A's. Since the Yanks rarely come to town, we wanted to make sure to grab some good seats! I'm super excited to go!
- Friday, 6/13 is my birthday. I really don't want her to share my birthday, just because I want her to have her own day.
- 6/17 is Nick's Mom's birthday. Ideally, not that day, either, for the very same reasons listed above.
Though, strangely, I'm fine with her coming on Father's Day. I think that'd be a great Father's day gift for Nick AND both Grandpa's :)
Here's why I want her here sooner rather than later:
- Um, I'm uncomfortable. My hands and feet swell up like balloons and my right arm is getting some neurological symptoms (shooting pains, achy pains). That and, this peeing is really getting ridiculous!
- We're ready. Really. Everything is in it's place, ready to go. We just need a baby.
- If I *did* have her before my birthday, I could enjoy a glass of champagne on my birthday! Wahoo!
-Did I mention I'm uncomfortable? When sitting, it really feels as though I have a basket ball in my lap. I can't cross my legs, lay down comfortably, sit up comfortably or walk comfortably. My favorite position? On all 4's on pillows in the living room. There's a visual for ya!
So, we shall see how much longer this pregnancy lasts.... (ha! Watch me deliver in July! ugh!!)