Friday, June 27, 2008

Day 3 "Well Baby" visit

So on Tuesday, we took Jenna back to Kaiser for her Day 3 "well baby" visit. At that visit, we scheduled her first appointment with her pediatrician, which happened to be my pediatrician when I was little! The doctor saw her, said she looked healthy. At the same time she was putting her on the scale, she asked me if my milk had come in. She weighed in at 8lbs. 4.6oz. The doctor did a double take at her birth weight, then looked over at my boobs as I said "Yes, my milk's come in".

She's very, very healthy and gaining weight. The doctor told us it's highly unusual for her to gain weight as most babies lose ~10% of their body weight, only to regain it by roughly 2 weeks of age. We apparently have a grower on our hands! I have to enjoy how "tiny" she is at this point, as it looks like she's certainly not going backwards! We're currently waiting for her umbilical cord to fall off to see if she fits in any of her newborn clothes. I think an outfit or two may have to go unworn.

She's been a great baby... she was getting fussy between 10pm and 2am for the first 4 nights, but just last night, her fussy period went from 6-9pm last night, and she was sleeping for 2-3 hour increments after that! YAY For sleep for mommy and daddy!

6 days old

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's the posts like this (the ones that just describe everyday life with a newborn) that make me want one so badly. :)

Glad to hear all is well!
:) Becky
http://www.stinkylemsky.typepad.com/

Unknown said...

Congratulations on surviving the first few days of parenthood. Glad to hear it's going well!

The Shavers Family said...

I am so glad to hear all is well with Jenna - keep up the great work, mom!

Heather @ Glitter and Gloss said...

YAY for sleep! Congrats, again, Janessa!

Kristin said...

Congratulations. Glad it is going well. My baby was early but she gained weight too. (my milk only came in a little) Good job!! Happy for you.