Wednesday, July 2, 2008

My heart melts


My heart seriously melts every time I see Nick taking care of Jenna. He's been so helpful and great, changing diapers, running for water, just sitting up with me trying to guess how much to feed Jenna before she spits up (um, I have oversupply issues, but that's an entirely different post). 

Seriously, this just melts my heart. I'm so proud of him as a Dad. I've had a couple of people tell me that they couldn't envision him as a Dad, and, to be honest, I've always thought of him as a great Dad, but to see it happen. To WATCH him hold and love and nurture this tiny little girl makes me tear up. I love him so much. He's so good to both of us. In the middle of a frustrating night, he just knows when to give me a hug and kiss and make it all better. 


2 comments:

Shopping's My Cardio.com said...

aww, who's the schmoopie?? ;)

jenna is destined to be a daddy's girl...i've said it all along.

Anonymous said...

Aww, so cute! This makes me think of when I first met my husband - I always knew he would be a great dad. I can't wait to find out someday!
:) Becky
http://www.stinkylemsky.typepad.com/