Wednesday, December 24, 2008

6 month Photos

I have a confession. Ever since I found out I was having a girl, I've wanted to put her in a tutu for pictures. I knew that it wouldn't be appropriate until she was sitting up independently, so I *hoped* that would happen by her 6 month 'birthday' so her 6 month shots could include said tutu. I got my wish...

But first, the 'official' 6 month picture. I'm going to have to start taking this shot vertically, as she doesn't fit in the frame anymore! She's getting so, so big... *sniff*

And I just can't get enough of her little chubby hands and feet. You might remember the sweater she is wearing from this post. This is the first time I've put her in it and she continues to prove she has my long torso by wearing this sweater. The sleeves are long enough but it's a little short on her torso. I think in the future she'll wear it as a cardigan as opposed to just as a sweater.

And, the tutu. Originally, I had planned on her only wearing the tutu. But, thanks to the weather, it's cold outside and I thought the debut of the sweater would be perfect in this application. I'm overly pleased with how these pictures came out.


I've been working on my 'craft' (photography in this case) and when I posted a couple of pictures on facebook, I had more than a few requests to photograph some of my friends children. Although I'm still blushing from the comments, it's the little boost in ego I needed to keep picking up the camera to learn and grow as an amateur photographer.



I think she liked her tutu, do you agree? Tulle is a great backdrop and I might be tempted to go pick up a bolt of it for future shoots. Notice the drool... we're in full fledged teething mode... Nick and I keep singing to her "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth, my two front teeth, my two front teeth!" Those are the two coming in and she's been fussy due to them. So, although I cringe at the thought of her breastfeeding with teeth, I'd welcome them if they made her feel better.


This shot is the one I pictured in my mind just about a year ago. My little girl, sitting, smiling with frill galore...

This might be my favorite shot. So cute, curious and those eyes!



Ah, another picture of the drool...



Again, the chubby little toes... peeking out from the tulle. Oh, on the blanket I knit for her. Yes, these pictures were planned out well in advance, dripping with sentiment. Now, if only I could pick one or two to frame... any suggestions? Which is your favorite?












4 comments:

Echloe said...

She is absolutely adorable in that tutu. Are ballet lessons in store for Jenna? Oh and that sweater....holy crap Janessa that is good knitwork. I love it.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are priceless! Where did you get the tutu for such a little bean?

janessa said...

we found it at Howard's Shoes for Children in Walnut Creek (I have no idea where you live) the tutu is intended for a 2 or 3 year old but it worked on her relatively well (just hung loosely but was small enough to look like it fit well... I think the poof helped)

Alison said...

Beautiful Janessa!!